CPAGS Cross Cultural Conference (CCC)
This one-day event provides opportunities for students to learn about how to work within several diverse environments and with diverse populations. Because CPA strives to address, train, and support all efforts to move towards a more culturally competent and sensitive psychological practice, speakers at this conference are not only well-trained and recognized as competent clinicians in working with various diverse clientele, but the topics presented are geared towards specific clinical, research, and practical issues. For more information about any of these opportunities, please contact the CPAGS Diversity Chair, Joy Marquez, MA at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
This years Conference will be at LaVerne University in Laverne CA. Please check back here for more information.
Subscribe to the CPAGS listserv to stay informed of this and other CPAGS events..
For non-members, consider joining CPAGS before registering for the event. The fee to this event will be dropped and you will become eligible to apply for travel reimbursement!
At the CPAGS Cross-Cultural Conference, speakers, student presentations, and experiential activities will help you explore:
- Why should we not stop at cultural competence?
- How can we integrate cultural diversity and social justice into our daily work?
- Who are we as cultural individuals and practitioners?
- What communities do we belong to and feel compelled by?
- How can we be allies to communities that we do not belong to?